Ginger Fox Socks Knit Along
Join us on Monday evenings in August to make a pair of Ginger Fox Socks with a group of lovely knitters. The adorable Ginger Fox Socks are made with DK yarn, and the pattern uses intarsia and fair isle to knit the colorwork fox design, heal, and toe. This is a great opportunity to practice intarsia, a method to make stand alone colorwork shapes in any project.
By the time your socks are finished, fall will be around the corner, and you'll be ready to show off your fox socks!
When: Monday evenings in August from 6-8pm. August 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th.
Skills Learned: Sock construction, Intarsia, Fair Isle, Magic Loop practice.
Skills Required: Basic knitting skills, knit, purl, cast-on, with the ability to move onto magic loop and colorwork.
Materials: Kits will be available for purchase.
- Ginger Fox Socks Pattern by Amy Gunderson
- 265 yards of main color and 3 contrasting colors in Ella Rae DK Tweed
- Size 5 and 3 32" circular needle
- Stitch markers
What is a Knit Along? A KAL is group of people who are knitting the same project together. KAL's are a great opportunity to meet other knitters and get help and support from them and the instructor.
Benefits of a KAL
- Get help and support from fellow knitters.
- There's a special energy that comes from knitting the same project with other stitchers.
- Helps to stay focused and finish projects within a timeframe.
- Friends who knit together encourage each other to finish--they offer considerable motivation!