Colorwork Tulips in the Desert Socks
These gorgeous Tulip In The Desert socks are a great addition to any knitters wardrobe. It is a great challenge for knitters who want to hone both their sock skills and their colorwork skills. The finer detail of the colorwork, coupled with the shaping of the sock makes these socks a fun challenge, perfect for intermediate knitters.
This is a 3 session class, on March 13th, 20th, and 27th from 1-3pm.
Some experience in both socks and colorwork is requested. This class is geared to teach you how to do both sock shaping and colorwork at the same time.
After each class you will be asked to go home and do some "homework" by working further in your socks, that way you are in the spot you need to be before the next class!
Supplies are NOT included in the class, so you will need to come prepared with the following:
- The Tulips In The Desert pattern. It can be purchased on Ravelry here.
- US size 1.5/32" circular needles
- US size 2/32" circular needles
- 3 colors of a fingering weight yarn that has some nylon in it. We built some kits for you to use. They can be found here, or in store! If none of the colors suit your fancy, you can choose your own colors! The kits are made from Cascade Yarns - Heritage, and Madeline Tosh - Unicorn Tails.
- A few stitch markers of your choice
Any supplies bought for the class will receive a 10% discount. This offer is only available in store.
We will follow COVID-19 precautions in this class. We ask that wear a mask, wash your hands upon arrival, and sit at least 6 skeins (feet) from each other and your teacher.
Seats are limited to 4 students and the instructor to maximize social distancing.
Please let us know if you have any questions about this class!